My WordPress plugin for the Windy.com widget was updated today, adding the following features and changes:
- Re-named plugin from ‘Weather Map Widget’ to ‘Ventus – Weather Map Widget & Shortcode’.
- Added new shortcode alias
ventus(the old shortcode
weather-maphas been maintained for backwards-compatibility).
- Added four new layers to select from: CO Concentration (cosc), Sea Temperature (sst), Snow Cover (snowcover) and Waves (waves).
- Added general translation support and a French translation.
- Added ability to choose from the following wind measurement units: beaufort (bft), kilometers per hour (km/h), knots (kt), meters per second (m/s) and miles per hour (mph).
- Added ability to show/hide the map marker.
- Added ability to show/hide to show hide pressure isolines.
- Re-factored code (classes, package names, text domain etc) to reflect new plugin name.
It’s free to download from the official WordPress repository.